Friday, April 8, 2011

Erecting a wooden statue

When first opening a blogger profile a random automated question is posed. The goal, I suppose, is for people to get to know you better ( it may be the real you, or the ideal image of you, whatever).
This was my random question: 

-Your people want to make a statue in your honor. What will it be made out of and what victory will it commemorate?

I immediately decided that if (when) 'my people' decided I needed a statue I wanted it to be made out of wood. 'tis a noble material, is it not? 
(I ruled out iron, I hate iron:it's ugly and it smells funny).


My wooden statue wood rise above all and it would commemorate Me. Just plain Me. After this bit of ego-tripping I descended back to earth to face the fact that my statue (wooden or otherwise) wouldn't be erected within the foreseeable future. I decided therefore to attach something blog-ish to my blogger account and consider it me carving out my own wooden statue.


I'd like my wooden statue to look something like this: 




minus the weird bird, of course, and with some clothes on (my mother would freak).And maybe my hands would be reaching towards the sky. Yeah, that would be nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment